Apeiros Robot comes with everything you need to get started with a fully functioning factory-assembled and tested robot. Apeiros comes pre-loaded with the example Obstacle Avoidance sketch, so that you can begin exploring the world of robotics right out of the box! Be sure to check out the Lessons page for how to get started with your Apeiros Robot.
Apeiros can be programmed from a computer using any operating system that supports the Arduino environment. This includes Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Included with Apeiros Robot
- (1) Fully assembled Apeiros Robot
- (2) Assembled infrared obstacle detection sensors (expandable to five)
Optional Accessories (Purchase Separately)
If you don't already own a USB cable with a male Type A end and a Mini-B on the other, then you may want to check out the Apeiros USB cable.
Check out the optional Servo Gripper Kit if you are interested in being able to manipulate objects with your Apeiros robot.
Add an optional 8x2 LCD module to your Apeiros Robot and display up to 8-characters on each of the 2-lines.
- Diameter: 5.88" (149.4 mm)
- Height: 2.625" (66.7 mm)
- Processor: ATmega32U4
- Input Power: (4) AA batteries (Can use alkaline or rechargeable)
- Regulated Power: +5 volts is generated by a high efficiency buck/boost switching regulator
- (1) USB mini-B connector for uploading new sketches
- (5) 1x3 Female headers for connecting Infrared GP2Y0D810Z0F object sensors
- (3) Ambient light sensors (AD1, AD2 & AD3)
- Battery voltage sense using a voltage divider (AD4)
- (3) green and (1) red user-controllable LED
- (1) Power status red LED
- (1) Magnetic buzzer
- (1) Reset button (Resets ATmega32U4)
- (1) 2x7 Female header for connecting an optional LCD
- (2) 1x4 Male headers for connecting optional gear motor encoders
- I2C expansion pins exposed at location JP17
- Serial port pins exposed at location JP16
- Additional analogue pins are exposed at location JP11 (AD5), JP12 (AD4) & JP13 (AD0)