Dr. Abraham L. Howell founded this company to satisfy a need for low-cost, educational robots. As an experienced mechanical engineer, Dr. Howell understands the critical role that engineers play in our society and hopes to spark student interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) by providing low-cost, educational robots along with learning lessons. Dr. Howell has conducted research in the area of educational robots and firmly believes that robots can be used to enhance learning.
- Howell, Abraham L., McGrann, Roy T.R., “Using PDAs on Autonomous Robots to Promote Engineering to Middle School Students”, 2003 A.S.E.E. Annual Conference & Exposition, June 22-25, 2003, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Howell, Abraham, "Bringing Home the Word of Robotics", In Proceeding of the 2003 ASEE St. Lawrence Section Annual Meeting, Oct. 24-25, 2003, Ontario, Canada.
- Howell, Abraham, Sersen, Dave, "Using a Web Service, Mobile Device and Low-Cost Robot to Teach Computer Science and Engineering", EIT Conference, Aug. 26-27, 2004, Milwaukee, WI.
- Howell, A., McGrann, R., Way, E., Eckert, R., and Sayama, H. “Using RFID and a Low-Cost Robot to Evolve Foraging Behavior”. 2006 GECCO Conference, Seattle, WA (July 8-12, 2006).
- Howell, A., McGrann, R., Way, E., and Woods, R. “Autonomous Robots as a Generic Teaching Tool”. 36th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, San Diego, CA (Oct. 28-31, 2006).
- Howell, A., McGrann, R., Way, E, and Woods, R. “Using Autonomous Robots to Improve University and Two-Year College Courses and Attract Secondary Students to Science and Engineering”. 2006 ASEE St. Lawrence Section Conference: Interdisciplinary Innovation and Imagination in Engineering Education, Atlanta, GA (November 17 & 18, 2006).
- Howell, A., McGrann, R., and Eckert, R. “Using ZigBee to Control a Swarm of Low Cost RFID Foraging Robots”. 2007 CITSA Conference, Orlando, FL (July. 12-15, 2007).
- Howell, A., McGrann, R., and Eckert, R. “Results of Using a Low Cost, Flexible Robot In a Microcontrollers and Robotics Course”. 2008 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Pittsburgh, PA (June 22-25, 2008).
- Howell, A., McGrann, R., and Eckert, R. “Teaching Concepts in Fuzzy Logic Using Low Cost Robots, PDAs, and Custom Software”. The 38th Annual Frontiers in Education (FIE) Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY (October 22-25, 2008).
- Howell, A., McGrann, R., and Eckert, R. “Results of Using a Low Cost, Flexible Robot In a Microcontrollers and Robotics Course”. Computers in Education Journal, Vol. 19, No. 1, January/March, 2009, pp. 87-94.
- Howell, A. “A Novel Mixed-Methods Approach to Student Assessment and Validation of a Robot Teaching Tool”. Transactions on Techniques in STEM Education, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 12-18, Jan-Mar, 2016.